Western Canada’s preeminent private city club, The Ranchmen’s Club is the private club of choice for excellence in service, dining and activities.
The Club was founded in May 1891 as a private social club by seven ranchers, a banker and a barrister who called themselves The Pack of Western Wolves
and originally met in a boxcar called the Wolves Den
, located on a railway siding. Later, moving to rooms above a downtown Calgary restaurant, and then purchasing a large house to be used as a clubhouse on 7th
Avenue in downtown Calgary, the membership grew quickly to include lawyers, bankers and businessmen. The Club later purchased the property at the corner of 6th
Street and 13th
Avenue, opposite Lougheed House, and constructed a purpose-built Clubhouse, which opened in 1914 and members celebrated its 100th Anniversary in 2014
Today, the Club is celebrating it's 125th
Anniversary and is the second home to community leaders – men and women from all walks of life, including the third and fourth generations of the Club's founding members!